Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Beginning...

I'm beginning this blog as a way to document my always hectic and chaotic life. Here it goes!


In brief.... I'm a 21 year old mom of a one year old boy AKA Monkey, (as deemed by myself and his grandfather since he was born and has now stuck) and a step-mom to a 5 year old boy Andy. I got married on February 19 (yes to the father of my baby boy in case you're wondering which I'm sure you are). We have known each other for two and a half years and dated two years before we got married.


Now I was born and raised Roman Catholic and I know the church's view on premarital sex and I myself still feels the same way especially after having Monkey. I don't believe that makes me a hypocrite. I just think that I have a learning experience that I can apply to my belief and makes it ten folds stronger now.

I made a choice to have sex before I was married. I wasn't forced into it by Bee (my darling husband :) ) and he respected my decision to not have sex when it was brought up. My baby sister, although she's not a baby, she's now 16 but to me she will always by my baby sister, has asked me before why I chose to do it.The truth, I'm not really sure. I don't have one good reason for why I chose to have sex before being married.

Telling my parents that I was pregnant was the hardest thing to do. In fact, I was too chicken to do it. I made Bee tell my mom while my dad was at work. Needless to say she was upset and angry. She told me to pack my bags for the night and to get out. It was something I was somewhat prepared for but it still hurt. I cried all the way to Bee's house. I lay there thinking about everything and the hurt I had caused my family. I hate hurting people. Period. At the same time that I was sad, I was still excited. Ultimately I was going to have a baby and I knew I would keep him or her.

It never once crossed my mind to have an abortion. I am a staunch pro-lifer and especially after having a baby, I can not believe when people say it's just a clump of cells in your body. Um, excuse me, I heard that heartbeat and I saw that ultrasound, there's no way you're going to convince me that Monkey was just a clump of cells.

My baby boy was born healthy in March of 2009 and has been growing up magnificently ever since!

~Mandy~

No comments:

Post a Comment